Monday, December 13, 2010

Shake, Rattle, and Roll For The Clue-versary

Happy 25th Anniversary to Clue, one of the movies we rented all the time in my childhood. My sister and I watched it over and over and over again. We and some of our neighbors often busted out the "DadadadadadadaDA! I. Am. Your singing telegram... *gun*" tap routine for amusement.

I'll quote a few more favorite lines, straight from memory:

Miss Scarlet: "True! Who are you? Perry Mason?"

Mrs. White: "Men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable."

Mrs. White: "He was a magician; he disappeared."
Wadsworth: "But he never reappeared!"
Mrs. White: "He wasn't a very good magician."

Mrs. Peacock: "Is there a bathroom?"
Yvette: "Oui oui, Madame..."
Mrs. Peacock: "No, I just need to powder my nose."

Mr. Green: "Well then who did I kill?!"
Wadsworth: "The butler."
Mr. Green: *crestfallen*

Wadsworth: "One plus one plus two plus one..."
Miss Scarlet: "No, it's one plus one plus one... SHUT UP!"

Then there's the classic Mrs. White quote: "FLAMES! Flames, on the side of my face... heaving, breathing... heaving..."

But the one that always got me...

Jehovah's Witness: "The Kingdom of God IS at hand!"
Miss Scarlet: "You ain't just whistlin' Dixie."
Mrs. Peacock: "Get lost!"
Jehovah's Witness: "But your souls are in danger!"
Mrs. Peacock: "Our LIVES are in danger, ya beatnik! *slams door*"

5 comments:

Mellow Yellow said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8d8y4BLWtI

Frank said...

Classic. She was taken from us far too soon.

Hubbard said...

Professor Plum, not Mr. Green, killed Mr. Boddy.

A Gay Mormon Boy said...

Did you know about the 4th ending: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clue_(film)#Fourth_ending

The second that's released, I want to get my hands on it....

Frank said...

I'd never heard of that, GMB! I'd definitely love to see it.