Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Creative Crash

I've been in a terrible creative dry spell. I haven't put pen to paper in months and months, and, as you've probably noticed, even my blog postings have become more sporadic and listless. I have ideas, I want to write, but I don't feel like writing, if that makes any sense. The spark just isn't quite there. Even if I do get the energy up to write, nothing ever turns out the way it is in my head, and I get bored and frustrated and stop. *sigh*

I had such dreams, once. You know, about writing the "Great American Novel" and all that hackneyed crap. I don't think they're going to come true, though. I'm afraid I'm always too busy wishing and dreaming things to actually get them done. My passivity is my downfall. So I'm that most cliched and pathetic of creatures: a failed writer.

No comments: