Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Classic Cover Crap

Everyone and their mother has a Christmas album or single, many of them covers of older, classic songs. Most of these are, frankly, crap. A melismatic "Deck the Halls" or a heavy metal "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"? Yeah, not so much. They usually don't bother me, but there's one I've been hearing at work (yes, they have the Muzak Holiday channel on continuous play; it's actually not that bad) really bugs me. It's the classic (and I'm actually not being ironic here; to me, it IS a classic) Wham! holiday ode "Last Christmas" as song by Hillary Duff or one of those Disney trollops or some other talentless screecher. It's... it's awful and an offense against the Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

Tim said...

"Everyone and their mother has a Christmas album or single"

...mostly just the mothers.
: ) sorry for your pain!