Sunday, March 02, 2008

Someone Hit "Play Random" In My Head

1) As someone prone to allergies and bouts of sinusitis, including over the past few days, I've begun to wonder if, as unpleasant as they are, they're actually a good way for our bodies to slough off our old nasal and sinus linings for newer, less contaminated ones.

2) I really like the word "slough" for some reason.

3) With the terrible depletion of the world's tuna population, and the adverse effects this has on marine ecosystems, I'm feeling more and more guilty every time I eat a tuna fish sandwich.

4) A sign that I will soon be an old man: I'm getting to close to having to trim my nosehairs.

5) It'd be nice to have a straight boy for a friend. That reminds me, I want everyone to know that I love having readers of all kinds, gay, straight, male, female, transgendered, whatever. I really do love and cherish everyone (as long as they're giving me empty, meaningless validation by reading my blog), and don't want anyone to feel unwelcome here at Bourgeois Nerd. I'm not going to change my posting philosophy, as vague and ill-defined as it is, or censor myself, of course, however.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2. But do you pronounce it correctly?

3. Yeah and to make you feel worse, even dolphin-friendly fished tuna is pretty horrendous as about 10 sharks are needlessly slaughtered for every tuna - and they're getting pretty endangered too - as well as various other unfortunate sea-goers.

4. I've gone trimming - I rip 'em out and now I'm getting ear hairs and I'm 32.

5. Yes, straight boys are fun. I actually have more straight boy pals than gay boy friends.

Frank said...

Gunn:

2) It's "sluhf" (for the definition of "slough" I'm talking about, anyway).

3) Thanks! Makes me feel so much better!

4) Ear hair: something to look forward to.

5) I really need boy pals period, gay or straight.