Friday, April 13, 2007

Sidebar Welcomes

If you've ever even just watched a soap one day when you had the flu in 1984, Serial Drama is a must read! It's side-splittingly hilarious about the mind-numbingly bad storylines, characters, and fashions of some of today's soaps. For any General Hospital fan, it's a much-needed dose of snark on a horrible, horrible show (that we can't stop watching because we are sick, sick human beings).

My rampant Anglophilia forces me to include the anglo-licious Think of England. Very thought-provoking and very British. What's not to love?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You watch General Hospital? My Mom watches General Hospital!

Yeah, that's all I have to say about that, you nerd.

Brit said...

Much appreciated, squire.

Unknown said...

They don't cover my own soap addiction, "One Life To Live", but I do sometimes watch "General Hospital." And I grew up with "Days of our Lives", which has been utterly unwatchable since around 1993. They finally got rid of the prick that ruined the show in the first place, but it still doesn't look safe - unless it's to look at the uber-hot guy that plays E.J. DiMera. Yum!

Evil But Twinless said...

Thanks so much for talking us up! We've added you to our friends links.


Yours in GH hateration solidarity,
Evil But Twinless and Promising Ingenue
(the Serial Drama girls)

Frank said...

Cindy: I grew up watching ABC soaps with the my grandmother. GH was always my favorite, though. I stopped watching years ago, but I've always occasionally peeped in on GH. Over the past few months, though, I've got sucked back in. As Evil But Twinless and Promising Ingenue can attest, it's not because of the inspired storytelling, let me tell you! I don't know what it is, really. I think part of it is the fact that I've found the TWoP GH board and sites like Serial Drama; I can go to laugh at and rant about the show with like-minded fellows.

Brit: No problem, guv'ner!

Chad: I've tried to watch recent OLTL and... no, I just can't do it. I LOVE Dorian/Robin Strausser, but everything else is just too bad.

Evil: Hateration forever!