Saturday, April 15, 2006

Oh, Dave!

Like just about everyone else in the world under 35, I loved The Chappelle Show and was quite upset when Dave Chappelle disappeared and supposedly went crazy. I've always liked Dave and hoped that the issues that led to the self-cancelling of his show would work out. But, really, is blaming whitey the best you could come up with, Dave? I expected better from you.

I mean, yeah, whitey does still own most things, but I fail to see how that has anything at all to do with anything in your case. You had Comedy Central over a barrel! You could do whatever you wanted! You could stick it to The [White] Man all you wanted and He'd just shovel money at you! I'm very disappointed in that sort of reaction from someone I always thought had a more nuanced and intelligent view of race relations in America than "Whitey bad."

(Via Gawker)

No comments: