Friday, October 21, 2005

Quick Fashion Critique

I couldn't even approach the sartorial snarkiness of Go Fug Yourself if I had a month of Sundays to practice, but I have to share this fashion disaster story.

I have Jay Leno on (muted) with Debra Messing as the guest. Upon seeing what she's wearing, I immediately blurted (to myself, since everyone else in the house is asleep), "When did she become a Parisian whore circa 1900?" Seriously, y'all, she's wearing this embroidered red velvet dressing gown thing straight out of Gigi! She looks like she just got out of a rosewater bath in a bronze tub or something and is now entertaining her "patron" in the dressing room of her boudoir.

In another circumstance and with another woman, it might be really pretty, but on her on The Tonight Show? Not so much.

No comments: