Thursday, September 01, 2005

Personal-ity

Not that anyone cares, but I feel an inexplicable need to explain why this isn't a terribly personal blog.

I don't go in much for confession or storytelling, like, say, Bill in Exile. It's not that I'm afraid of letting the world know my business; if you've been reading the blog, you know it's not as if I don't tell you guys personal things. It's just that, at this point in my life, there's
nothing to tell. It'd get really boring really quickly if every day was another iteration of "I'm fat, I have no job, I can't find a man, I sleep a lot, I watch TV, I'm addicted to the Internet, blah blah blah." Obviously, I do talk about these things, but it's not the central thrust of the blog. It would be really, really if it were, not just for you, but for me. And, since those topics basically encapsulate my life currently, that's what it would be like.

As for storytelling, well, I suck at telling stories. And, frankly, my getting up at five o'clock in the afternoon isn't much of a tale. I just don't have an interesting job or career that provides lots of story fodder (like Rudbeckia) or lots of interesting tales from my past (like Joe).

So I keep the blog nerdy and lighthearted with inanities, observations, and lots of links I get from other, more creative people. Again, you probably don't care, but I just thought I'd explain myself.


BTW, I haven't been getting much non-spam commentary lately. I feel neglected. I need some love!

2 comments:

J. Otto Pohl said...

Thank you for keeping the whining down to a minimum Frank. I like the literary stuff alot better than "woe is me."

Unknown said...

I like it all.