Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Olfactory Delights

Some of my favorite smells include sharpies, nail polish and its remover, and gasoline. (How I didn't become some sort of huffer, I'll never know!) On the more wholesome side, I love honeysuckle and cinnamon. My favorite scent of all, however, is the paper in Norton anthologies.

Most anyone who has ever had any sort of survey course in literature knows those collossal potpurris of canon known as Norton anthologies. (I, personally, adore anthologies of all strips. I just love being able to flip through and sample all kinds of literary output.) The paper they use for Nortons is creamy, smooth, and delightfully tactile. And the smell is... I don't know what it smells like, really, but it brings a smile to my face every time I breath it in. I'm most likely totally singular in my appreciation of this particular scent, but that's okay. It's all part of my charm!

No comments: