Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Memes

If you read more than one or two blogs, you'll have undoubtedly come across these "meme" things. They're sort of like chain-letters in that you get "tagged" to do by other bloggers. The ones I've seen have been mostly lists of questions ("What was the last book you read?" or some such). Dr. M's got a fun one involving shameful haircuts from the past.

The funny haircut one aside, however, I don't much care for "memes." I find them annoying as all heck. The name "meme" (a linguistics term) itself puts my back up; it just seems so pretentious. And they're really not all that interesting, in my opinion. Therefore, if I ever get "tagged," I'm just going to ignore it. My blog's boring enough without subjecting you, dear readers, to my boring answers to boring questions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have obviously never heard of the Blogger Code.

CB said...

No gakking of memes and inane quizzes in the blogs! lol ... that's what LiveJournals are for, silly. :)

Frank said...

I don't know why, but I feel threatened. Will I sleep with the fishes tonight?????