Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Bourgeois Art Gallery

Arearea

I sometimes have trouble with Gauguin because I know what a fuckstick he was (and, yes, I know we're supposed to separate art from artist, but of course that doesn't always work), especially in Tahiti, but this particular painting struck me for A) it's title (I just like the word); B) the dog; C) the face of the woman on the right.  She has such a great, direct look.

Wardrobe: Die Zeit

I want this in my bedroom.  Just clean lines and structured geometry that soothes my OCD.

Polar Bear

I'd love to see this in person.  It's just big and monochrome and cute.  The bear looks like he or she is about to laugh at the onlookers.  

Bathers

Look on the calves on these fellas!

Le Silence

This painting is just so mysterious.  The glories of the blue night, but the sadness of her face.  And what she doing with her hand?  It looks like she's making a very vulgar gesture, but that can't be it, can it? 

Nocturn in the Parc Royal, Brussels

As you may have noticed by now, I have a thing for night scenes.  

Laughing Kookaburra

"Millipede?  I told you to get a centipede!"

Great Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo

A happy bird.

Little Bittern

Someone looks grouchy.

Carved Emerald

The intricacy and delicacy of the carving is astounding.  

Miniature Qur'an

Such an unusual shape.  

Female Shaman Pendant

Sword Handle (Bird and Snake)

"I'm a bird!  Fear my sword!"  

Sea Lion Feast Bowl

The Wrestlers

Abs!  

The Black Pigs

Another Tahitian Gauguin.  It's a little different from the others I've seen.  It's more "pulled back" and realistic.

Untitled/Itamaraty

Right angles, straight lines, shapes: another OCD-calmer.  And it's a beautiful blue color, too.

Beach Triptych No. 25

Hello, boys!

The Dream

Those horses are not impressed by that lion.  

No comments: