Thursday, September 30, 2010

RIP Greg Giraldo

The comedian Greg Giraldo has died from a drug overdose. I'm particularly saddened by this because he was one of my favorite comedians, and, I admit, a bit of a crush of mine. I was a big fan of Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn (one of about five) on which he was a regular, and his skewering wit and cheeky cuteness enchanted me. Sadly, I know he'd gone through a rough patch the past few years, but had heard he'd been much better lately and was a judge this season on Last Comic Standing.

I admit, I'm a bit miffed at him, if only for being a "troubled comic with a tragic death" cliche. But it's an absolute tragedy; the world is not such a place that we can afford to lose any laughter or those who can elicit it so well. Condolences to his family, especially his three children.

1 comment:

Tim said...

comedians are always tragic figures.