Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fashion Disaster

I was watching an iPod Nano commercial and a Macy's ad recently, and it hit me that I think that women's fashions in particular, at this time, are really... unfortunate. The leggings, the Palm Beach Jewish grandmother jewelry, the potato sack blouses: hideous. But then I remember back to my high school years not ten years ago, and there were some unfortunate fashions then, too. I particularly remember these nylon or whatever parachute pants in garish colors with like ribbons coming out of them, as well as these amusingly horrid bowling-type shirts (with flaming skulls!) my straight male friend used to wear. I guess every generation has to have its "OMG, what was I wearing, and how did we think that looked good?!?" moment when busting out the old photo album to show the kids they, too, were once young.

2 comments:

ricola said...

:). I used to wear a beret. Enough said.

Frank said...

But was it raspberry? Because a raspberry beret is always in style.