Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bad Gay

Did anyone go to the equality protests yesterday? I didn't. I honestly never even thought of it. I just didn't. I'm not a marching, protesting sort. But looking at pictures at various sites and reading posts about it, I feel guilty and sad that I didn't. On a selfish level, it was a Moment in history that I missed out on it. On a larger, more important level, it was a chance to add my voice to the chorus demanding equality, making it just that much louder and impossible not to hear. It was a chance to show my support for my fellow brethren, sistren, and transren, of all genders and orientations. It was a chance to join with my people to show our opponents that we deserve and demand our innate rights as human beings. I didn't take the chance. I feel such a Bad Gay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the one in DC. It rained a bit but I didn't melt. Yes, I'm not the usual protest type either, but every now and then these things are worth going to.

Frank said...

Good for you, Hubbard!