Friday, April 18, 2008

Animals Are People, Too!

We overestimate our pets' intelligence; most of them are dumb as a rock. Not my dogs, of course. They were geniuses! They knew exactly what you were saying to you! (Not that they'd ever do anything you'd tell them, of course. Pugs are rather cat-like in their air of "You're an idiot and you're disturbing my nap-time. Off with you!" Still, they totally understood you! )

Seriously, though, how dumb can animals who get us to feed, shelter, and take care of their young of be? Who are the dumb ones here, again?

2 comments:

Frank Wilson said...

I used to annoy my first father-in-law, a hopeless rationalist, by suggesting that my dog was smarter than he was, pointing out that the dog always knew what he meant when he addressed him in English. But how much Dog did my father-in- law know? None.

Frank said...

Awesome, Frank! I wish I had your wit! Though you were a brave man to irritate your father-in-law so. *LOL*