Sunday, March 25, 2007

More Answers To Your Burning Questions

More questions to answer!

Note:

What was your major, Mr. Nerd?

English, baby! The liberal arts major only slightly more useful in the job market than History! Wooooo! (No offense to my History major brethren and sistren; I love you! And you're probably more successful than I am, so don't pay me any mind.)

How long will it take you to give up on the real world and return to academia, where you can persue theory in peace?

As I've discussed before, towards the end of my college tenure I was quite certain I was going to become an academic. Once I got out, however, and started researching the academic world, I decided it totally wasn't for me. The whole "Life of the Mind" is a great dream, but the reality has so much other bullshit that I just couldn't deal with.

If you're not having sex on a regular basis, are you at least getting drunk? If so, with whom?

I don't drink. I've never been drunk in my life. I just don't "get" alcohol; I think it tastes foul. I think my mother, who also doesn't like alcohol, gave some sort of taste bud receptor mutation to my sister and I that makes alcohol just totally unappealing.

I often wonder, though, what kind of drunk I'd make. Would I turn angry? Start weeping? Get really, really lovey? Hopefully, I'll find out someday.


Even though you have a bad track record with the sex (thus far), what kind of fantasy kiss makes your knees melt?

I'm actually going to save this question and make a post out of it (coming from a slightly different track). Stay tuned!

and (for bonus points)

If boring is a trait exhibited by someone who actively seeks out new information on a regular basis, reads frequently and critically, all-the-while piecing together lots of grammatically correct prose, what the hell does an interesting person do?

Well, goes out and interacts with people occasionally.


Vince:

You mention you want to get laid in the next year. Give us some details. What is your perfect date? And how does it go from a date to a full on sexcapade?

I've given this a lot of thought and I really can't say I have a good answer. Dates are just... not my thing. Not that I've been on a lot of them or anything, but when I think "date," I think very pedestrianly: dinner, movie, heavy petting, etc. Actually, a nice night in front of a TV MST3King the heck out of it sounds divine, but that's more of a third or more date kind of thing. Bookstores are always cool.

Thanks, guys!

2 comments:

GayProf said...

To me a good date is going anywhere that you can talk.

Frank said...

And by "talk," you of course mean "have kinky sex with," eh, GayProf? *hehehehe*