Monday, August 07, 2006

Apologia

A running theme of Bourgeois Nerd is my less-than-satisfying [lack of] sex life. As you are all acutely aware, my love life is nonexistent.

I readily admit, however, that I have no one to blame for my predicament but myself. I am far from proactive in finding a in/significant other. The truth is, I am a fundamentally passive person, so I find it difficult to take agency of my circumstances (a component of my personality that is at the root of most of my personal woes and neuroses). Still, I whinge on about it in the hopes that the Universe will throw someone my way just to shut me up. It's the same thing with my poor body image: yeah, I don't do anything (or, to be more exact, I do something for a few months, but not enough, and then stop) about getting abs or whatever, but I still feel compelled to complain about it.

All of this said, the point of this post, dear readers, is to let you guys know that I know the whining must get kinda boring after a while. I understand that you don't really want to hear about it; I get annoyed with me when I do it, too. But I'd rather be whining than despairing, and it's my damn blog, so bear with me and just skip the posts if you don't want to deal with it. (Oh, and if you're a hot gay guy, throw a pity fuck my way!)

4 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

You are quite right, it is your blog and you can post what you want on it.
I don't know how old you are, Frank, but if I can recall my long-lost youth, I totally sympathise.
I don't suppose it will help to say one chills out with advanced age -- but I do remember the "rush" of youth. Good luck with your search for love. It will happen, I am sure.

Frank said...

Thanks, Maxine. I mean, I know intellectually that "my day will come," but it doesn't feel like it will, ya know? But, then, I guess that's a part of youth as well.

Anonymous said...

Dude. Don't be hard on yourself. It's not worth it. Different courses for different horses. I didn't fall in love til I was 27. That was 3 years ago and it hasn't worked out. Whilst this is hardly comforting for you the point is to just get on with whatever it is you want to be doing in life generally and the rest will look after itself. And don't wait: some of the things you've said here are true for me too and I'm 30. Tempus fugit.

But I digress: the original reason I came here was to see whether you had posted anything about this alleged 'big' Mars people keep e-mailing me about that we're supposed to be seeing later this month. I am beginning to suspect it's a hoax.

Frank said...

Gunn, I'm afraid I haven't heard about this "big" Mars. A cursory Google search doesn't turn up anything. Could you give me more details as to what people are emailing you saying?