Friday, June 02, 2006

A Travesty

2005 was the centenary of Einstein's annus mirabilus and, to celebrate, it was declared the International/World Year of Physics. You couldn't swing a cat (Schroedinger's, of course) without hitting some exhibit or documentary or tribute to Einstein and his theories.

2009 will mark both the 200th birthday of Darwin and the 150th anniversary of the publication of The Origin of Species, and event just as significant to the development of the modern world as Einstein's "year of wonders." These achievements, however, will not be getting the same sort of attention (in the U.S., at least) as Einstein's did. Why? Because "everyone" "knows" that "God did it," and, thus, we as a nation can't fund such wicked, blasphemous, dangerous ideas.

Disgusting. Is the faith of these nitwits really so poor that they have to suppress science to make them feel better? They're not praising God or defending believers, they're debasing their God-given minds and hurting their fellow man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RYN: perhaps I would slap you... if I knew who the hell you were talking about, that is.

:P

Anonymous said...

ah... thanks google...

I think I'll put a picture of that guy in my fridge as a warning of what I'd look like if I gained another 20-30 pounds