Monday, June 13, 2005

Font Dilemma

I have a bit of a font fetish (the name of a really cool site, BTW). I love playing around with them. Blogger doesn't give me much of a palatte to work with, but I try to mix things up. Should I, though? A lot of blogs stick with one font for posts. It makes for a more unified look. Toby, for instance, uses Trebuchet-small (if my eye is correct) for all of his posts. Should I move in the same direction and "settle down" with a font for posts? If so, what font? Or does it totally not matter? Please, if you have any opinion, let me know!

1 comment:

CB said...

As a font whore, I like to play with the fonts, too. However, I'm a unity whore, as well, so .. I'd say stick with one font.

Go for something in a 12point. I am a fan of the very small fonts, but I know older readers have a hard time with them. Just keep your readers in mind when you pick out your font.

They can always change the font style and size in their broswer, but that often messes with the page layout of blogs and the like. It's best to go with something everyone can read without modifying their settings.

CB