Thursday, June 30, 2005

Civil Rights with Cindy

The Unsinkable Cindy Best (who is, to my shame, much more up on and involved with the gay rights movement than I am) weighs in on the comparison between the black and gay civil rights movements. I'm pretty much of one mind with her: we all just need to get along. No, homophobia isn't quite the same thing as hundreds of years of bondage and discrimination (though you can make the argument that homophobia goes much farther back) and, yes, blacks are sometimes little more than rhetorical tools for some gay activists, but we're still all in the this thing together, trying to bring down the [White Heterosexual] Man!!!

Cindy also waxes "nostalgic" for the Clinton years.

(FYI: This post was drafted before I went off on gay assimilationalism for the second time in as many days. I promise this'll be the last word from me on the issue of gay rights for at least a few days. I can't keep writing all this heavy stuff; it's both tiring and depressing for me.)

4 comments:

CB said...

I have arrived! Frank, who has been linked to by THE one and only Bookninja, has linked to me again after his rise to FAME! lol ...

*tear*

I'd like to thank god, and jesus ... and my mama ... lol

Frank said...

But Jesus IS God, silly? Don't you know your Trinity??? *LOL*

CB said...

All I know about the Christian trinity I learned in intro. to Buddhism. Remember? lol ...

Who the fuck is the Holy Ghost???

Frank said...

Damned (get it?) if I know!