Wednesday, January 26, 2005

"Idaho" Shmidaho!

So late last night I caught the last half or so of My Own Private Idaho with Keanu Reeves and River Phoenix. I'd always heard that it was a really good movie. Whoever thought this was a crackhead. The digital cable description of it was "director Gus Van Sandt's stylized portrayal of two hustlers..." Apparently, "stylized" means the most boring, incoherent, and pretentious piece of crap ever!!! I realize I didn't see the beginning, but I really don't think I have to to know this movie sucks. The anvils (oh, sorry, "symbolism") that kept whacking me over the head made me a bit whoozy. People just like this movie because River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves (in some eyes) were pretty and getting it on. And there wasn't even enough of that to make it good! Bah!

No comments: