Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Entrepreneurial

Over the past year, I've been learning to use QuarkXPress, the most popular page layout program. I've gotten tolerably competent with it. I can do fliers and brochures and things like that. It's nice to have some kind of skill, and I've decided to parlay that skill into a little business. My campus, and I'm sure most college campuses, is papered with fliers and things advertising clubs and events. Most of them, quite frankly, are atrocious. They're unclear and unattractive and, therefore, ineffective. So I've decided to advertise my services as a page layout-ist to the organizations on campus. I'm hardly an artist, but I can produce much better fliers than most clubs can on their own. I'm going to put a little ad in everyone's mailbox and see what kind of response I'll get. It'll be good experience and will, hopefully, give me some extra cash to play with.

No comments: