Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh God, It's Jessica Fletcher! Run For Your Lives!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has many fond memories of Murder, She Wrote. Ah, Cabot Cove: all the charm of a picturesque New England fishing village with the murder rate of Camden.

And yes, it was my grandmother's favorite show (besides The Golden Girls). All the seasons are out now on DVD, and I've often contemplated buying them for her, but A) she doesn't have a DVD player, and B) even if she did, she wouldn't know how to use it.

2 comments:

Mellow Yellow said...

This is one of my grandmother's favorites as well. I also love Jessica with her nosiness and her disapproving head shake when the murderers get caught.

Unlike your grandma, mine does use a DVD player and has a few seasons that she can watch anytime. Even more exciting for her is that she has the Hallmark Movie Channel, which reportedly features 80s mystery shows including Murder She Wrote and Matlock.

I agree that I never understood why people were not more nervous when Jessica came town considering all the dead bodies that pile up when she is around.

Frank said...

I know Murder, She Wrote reruns are on, but I'm not sure if my grandmother watches them.

Yeah, it's hardly an original thought, but why on Earth anyone invited Jessica anywhere, when a murder inevitably followed, was one of the funniest parts of the show.