Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Charity Begins At Home

Times are tough, we are all very, very aware. There are so many people in need, so many good organizations overwhelmed and in desperate need of resources just as grants and government funding dry up. One simply doesn't know where to give, if one is lucky enough to have the ability to do so.

If I may, then, I'd like to introduce two of my favorite charities. Gay Men's Health Crisis is an AIDS charity, one of the first on the scene and still one of the most prominent, providing free testing, counseling, prevention education, advocacy, and other support services, including free meals. Despite its name, it isn't just for gay men, but for all HIV/AIDS sufferers. The Ali Forney Center is a center for homeless LGBT youth. I'm incredibly lucky to have had a supportive family, but many, especially gay, youth aren't. And if you're just incredibly shallow, the director, Carl Siciliano is TOTALLY HOT.

Please consider donating to both of these worthy endeavors. And lest I not practice what I preach, I just donated to both.

No comments: