Monday, November 16, 2009

Like A Magical Wonderland Of Cute!

I attended my first ever dog show yesterday. As you can imagine, I made a complete fool of myself, what with squeeing and cooing and practically passing out from Teh Cute, but I don't care. Everyone else was doing the same thing, and it's not like I have any pride.

Highlights: learning about the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever from a Santa lookalike; discovering that there is such a thing as a red Siberian Husky; marveling at some of the... special fashion on the handlers; finally appreciating just how FUCKING HUGE Mastiffs are. Seriously, I'd never seen a Mastiff in the flesh, and it was an awe-inspiring experience. I think the only reason they aren't out destroying small Japanese cities is that we've thankfully bred them for "gentle giantness" and it really would just be too much Bother to haul their enormity around to do it. A nap is ever so much more sensible (a sentiment I am in total agreement with).

I highly recommend attending a dog show; it's fun for the whole family!

No comments: