Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall Approaches

Like the first lines on a celebrated beauty's face, a leaf here and there begins to lose its color amidst the green, signaling the inevitable transition from vibrant summer to melancholy autumn. Technically, it is still summer, but you can feel the change as Nature slips off the vibrant prime of summer for the wise maturity of fall.

As I've said before, autumn is my favorite season, and partly it is because of this. There's something strangely beautiful in decay and melancholy, like scenic ruins from some forgotten kingdom. It's very Romantic. But there's a stateliness, a certain elegance, too. Summer is roaring and rutting, a big belly laugh; Fall is quiet and thoughtful, a secret smile.

2 comments:

Tim said...

someone needs a bf...
lol I'm not saying fall isn't awesome but you seem kinda in the dumps?

Frank said...

Well, you're quite correct about me needing a boyfriend (or at least a good lay), but I'm actually not in the dumps. I adore this time of year. Like I said, I find it beautiful.