Monday, November 24, 2008

Civics Exam

Pack your bags, y'all, we're going back to high school civics to take a quiz! Can you do better than our glorious leaders?

30 out of 33 was my score. I disagree with some of the economics questions, though, insofar as I think they add an ideological tilt that is unnecessary. As our current situation shows, even finance "wizards" don't always know what they're doing/talking about, so how should the average American citizen? It isn't even that I don't agree with the ideological to an extent, but for the purposes of a quiz whose stated purpose is to measure civics knowledge, I feel it is presenting economic dogmas, even ones I think are generally correct, as facts in the same way the contents of the First Amendment, or the three branches of government, are.

(Via Books, Inq.)

1 comment:

Tim said...

I missed four and I thought some of the questions were poorly worded though at least historically based in fact.