Thursday, October 30, 2008

More Glade Lady

Though I don't do it as often and obsessively as I used to, perusing the old SiteMeter is always enlightening. Apparently, I'm #1 on the Google search for Glade Lady, from which I've gotten a surprising number of hits. That Google search, BTW, shows that I'm hardly alone in my diagnosis and concern for her.

Funnily enough, I just saw a new holiday commercial with the Glade Lady. She sets a new gingerbread cookie candle ("in new decorative glass jars!") alight, dumps a bag of store-bought gingerbread men on a platter, and serves them to a just-arrived (they always JUST miss seeing her do her sad little Glade tricks) group of friends who admire the aroma. Of course, she claims it's from her "homemade" cookies. Then, get this, one of the gingerbread men starts to talk, revealing her big secret. She hurriedly eats it to keep it from talking. Three things: 1) Geez, ad people, let Halloween end before putting the holiday stuff on! It's only a few days! 2) The woman is starting to hallucinate talking gingerbread men. Somebody help her! 3) Finally, her friends, instead of laughing at Glade Lady like everyone else has, look properly horrified and confused by her eating-the-gingerbread-man stunt. I think for the holidays, she should get a nice, long vacation with some nice people in white clothes.

No comments: