Friday, October 10, 2008

Faces Of Depression

So the international financial system is melting down before all our eyes, but the poor traders on the floor have ring-side seats to the dissolution of modern finance, and they, unsurprisingly, has a sad about it. It does seem a bit cruel to be laughing at the traders, who actually have little to do with the problem and who are as effected by it as anyone, but by the same token I don't think we're really laughing AT them, you know what I mean? It's really a commentary on media creative bankruptcy that they can't come up with any other way to illustrate their stories. Or something. Anyway, all I know is we could all use a good chuckle, and they're really good pictures, and they are funny, especially with the captions.

Also, I have to admit, a number of those men (and they are mostly men, because apparently stock trading is still in the 1950s) are actually rather cute. It always comes back to sex with me, doesn't it? I'm disgusting.

No comments: