Friday, August 29, 2008

We're Doomed

Ever since I heard McCain picked Gov. Palin, I've had this lead weight in my stomach. I've always had the awful feeling that there were enough dumbasses in this country who would rather continue the disastrous Republican regime we've had for eight years than do something even a little different, but now my gut tells me there definitely. With all the bitter Clinton supporters who will vote just because there's a woman on the ticket, and people more racist than sexist, and evangelicals energized by a staunchly anti-choice and conservative VP, this nation is on course for disaster. I'm genuinely fearful of what November will bring, and incredibly depressed.

1 comment:

eindeloze sfeer said...

So far the polling is showing Obama ahead, since McCain's sleazy, pandering pick. Talking heads on Fox say "she's already raised $10 million!" but if McCain had chosen a anti-choice cow turd, it would have energized the base.
But yeah I agree, times are truly scary when I have to think to myself, "I would have preferred the Helmut Haired Mormon to be our vice president" instead of Miss Alaska Trailer Trash. There's plenty of time for the polls to change for the worse. In particular, it's obvious she's spent the last few days being intensively coached on her upcoming speech. The slimy Republicans will surely have her seem to equivocate or moderate on some fringe issues (not the key one, abortion). For example watch her stress that both evolution and creationism should be taught. Whatever. Something to make her seem less moronic in the soundbites the media will no doubt play over and over again.