Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Disappointment

I know the Olympics is about international amity (with a more-than-fair dose of barely concealved nationalistic ego), the purity of humanity's persuit for excellence, a celebration of the human form and spirit, and all those hoary, high-flown cliches, but, really, it's all about the hot, scantily clad menz for me, particularly in gymnastics and swimming.

Therefore, it pains me to say it, but the American men's gymnastics team just is not that hot. I mean, one or two of them are okay, but overall, they're kinda fug. (The Chinese are kinda cute, though, in a "if we don't win, they're going to kill us and our families" sort of way.) And I hate these new shark suits the swimmers wear. Instead of acres of smooth flesh bounded only by a strip of Speedo, they're all covered up! I want to see every inch of Michael Phelps' long, lanky, lean gawky-goober-body possible, not bicycle shorts or longjohns or high-tech Edwardian swimming costumes! It's just not right. Thankfully, the divers are still to come, and they're still showin' the skin. Help me, Alexandre Despatie! You're my only hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perv...

I will say, though... what's with the baggy shorts and tanktops on the men's beach volleyball players, when the women are practically wearing thongs? seems like a stronger case could be made for Speedos in THAT competition.

Frank said...

Yep, pervy me! *LOL*

Yeah, it's a little strange. It's probably just tradition or sexism or whatever. Maybe a speedo would chafe when they're running around. I don't really watch the volleyball, though, so I don't really care.