Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Maternal Affection

Last night at dinner, my mother and I were talking about politics a little. I said that I was afraid that if McCain go elected I would end up being drafted and sent over to Iraq for 100 years. Her response, instead of the "I won't let that happen! They won't take my baby!" I was expecting/looking for, was "Better get to the gym, then!" Not what I wanted to hear! When I expressed my (half-amused, admittedly) indignance at this statement, she then made noises about moving to Canada or going back to school full-time, and her opinion that McCain would never have the votes even if he did win, but, no, the damage was done. I now know that my mother thinks I'm a fat-ass who needs to bulk up before going to Iraq. Thanks, Mom!

1 comment:

Tim said...

LOL your far more likely to go to war with Obama than McCain, democrats support the draft, republicans do not. Plus as a international novice, Obama is far more likely to escalate a situation past diplomacy. Like Bush's first run in with the chinese and the spy plane they confiscated when it had to make an emergency landing.
I think your Mom was actually indicating you should perhaps think of getting a place of your own : \ or leave them more time for sex !