Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Down With Gingerism!

I'm an Britophilia of the highest order, but one of the things about the Brits I've never gotten is their anti-redhead (or "gingers" as they call them) bias. I admit, I have a bit of a thing for redheads, so I just don't get the hatin'. Like my penchant for men in kilts, I think it's my Celtic blood singing in my veins, calling for a kilted, redheaded warrior-poet to come break down my door and ravish me. Heck, I'd settle for a damned barbarian Viking! (Yes, they're the enemy of my Gaelic ancestors, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for a horny helmet. *LOL*)

(Via Bookninja)

3 comments:

Tim said...

yeah I love the gingers too and think they are great in bed and out. Stuart has the same hatred over at closetcase. LOL I just don't get it. So what if they steal my soul!!

Anonymous said...

I live in the UK and I like to see lovely red hair on a man or a woman. I don't remember hearing any abuse on the grounds of hair colour. As usual the actions of the tiny ignorant minority are being reported as widespread and prevalent.

Frank said...

I've actually seen the ginger jokes a lot on UK shows. Graham Norton seems to make a lot of them, and the Tenth Doctor was relieve he wasn't "ginger" when he regenerated.