Thursday, August 23, 2007

To Meme Or Not To Meme?

I think I'm going to undergo a blogging right of passage: creating my own meme! It's simple, really: list those qualities about yourself that are, overall, positive, but, when taken to the extreme, become negative. (It's very Taoist, really.) Here's mine:

1) Always trying to be "fair and balanced." Seeing both, or multiple, sides of an argument or issue is great! More people, especially in politics, should try it. However, it can also lead to relativistic paralysis. Sometimes, you just have to cowgirl up and go with what you believe.

2) Introspectiveness. It's good to be self-aware, but if you stare long enough into the navel, the navel stares back at you, and you just become a neurotic, over-thinking mess. (Exhibit A: moi.)

3) Trying to see the best in everyone. Sometimes an asshole is an asshole and pretending that they're really just a nice guy or gal drags out the pain.

4) Humility. No one should be a braggart. But, on the other hand, be too self-effacing, and you'll find that people start overlooking you. Sometimes, no one else is going to toot your horn. Plus, the line between humility and lack of self-esteem, or passive-aggressive attention-seeking, can be vanishingly small.

Tagged (and we'll find out just who's really paying attention, now): Scott, Vince, GayProf, GothamWhore, and Fagat.

5 comments:

GayProf said...

I pay attention, but my meme response is a little slow.

Anonymous said...

"Gal" ???

Who the fuck other than some 90 year old codger says gal?

Frank said...

GayProf: I'm an attention-whore, not a speed queen. Slow is fine. *LOL*

Scott: So you say "gal" all the time? *hehehehehe* Seriously, haven't you figured out by now that I'm an old man trapped in a young man's body?

Dr. Sparky said...

I'm with GayProf. I'm paying attention. I'm just slow, Gal.

Spencer Lord said...

nice post. i never do those memes