Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Thoughts of the Average American Citizen

I don't actually think these are the thoughts of the average American citizen, since I don't think most people (American or not, BTW) are that self-reflective. I also don't think that a lot of people think, consciously or subconsciously, all of those things at once. And, of course, I also think that, on the whole, humanity is good and Americans are decent people and blah blah blah.

I also feel like a "liberal elitist" schmuck by linking to and semi-agreeing with the thoughts behind it, but then I feel like I'm just responding that way due to very effective right-wing propaganda programming over the past decade. And then I remember I'm a neurotic basket-case and shut up.

(Via Gawker)

1 comment:

Zeke said...

“Surely the only way to inform people weary of our global ambitions of our good intentions is by branding their religion as violent and backwards and trampling on their culture as much as possible.”

These are just talking points of politicians, however being gay makes me question islam simply since it commands that I'm suppose to be "killed in the harshest manner" Their's is a violent and backwards religion as was christanity till the reformation. Until Muslims have a similar watershed they will continue to be a blight on the world. Of course it should be noted that the reformation killed umpteen thousands and was a particularly bloody period of history. But that's what it takes.