Tuesday, December 05, 2006

MySpace

I'm not into the MySpace thing. I have nothing against anyone who is, since a lot of people seem to get enjoyment out of it, but I have enough rejection in my life without having to stare at a screen that tells me how many friends I [don't] have. Plus, I like being an "old-fashioned" "rebel"; I don't have any sort of IM program, for instance, and refuse to get one. If you want to talk to me, you'll just have to type out an email! I'm old-school like that.

Anyway, what really turns me off is the layout of those MySpace pages. Gah! You'd think that with all that Murdoch money, they could come up with some less eye-bleed-inducing templates, but I've yet to find one that is true a) readable and b) aesthetically pleasing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I would say in favour of Myspace is that you can stumble across some pretty good music as all these unheard of bands have 'pages'.

Kalv1n said...

Actually, I also hear that they can give any of the content on your page away to news agencies if requested. I hate them personally. What is the point in any case? This is my favorite song? I've tried to avoid having one, and so far I've succeeded. Oddly enough, most of my blogger friends don't even have one.

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly, which is why I am disgusted with myself for having a myspace account and for having accepted an invitation of friendship froma dude I haven't seen for 6 years.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Nimue, I'm sort of in the same boat ....
And, after joining, I was reminded that most of my friends are technophobes who couldn't be in the least bit interested in online networking.
I am a failed Myspace member.

Maulleigh said...

I do agree: the art/layout is an abomination to me.

Frank said...

Nimue & Maulleigh: Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere!

Gunn: Don't be glum. A failure at MySpace is not something to feel bad about. It just means you're too good for it!