Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Book Notes

Well, well, well: Google Book Search is actually leading people to buy books! You mean it isn't the End of the World and the destruction of All That Is Holy?!?!? Well, get my smelling salts!

Sarcasm aside, the tragedy of it all is that I doubt the authors' association and the publishers that have sued Google over their scanning program will ever even acknowledge this finding. They'll keep on keeping on decrying Google as an "intellectual pirate" or some such while the world and the publishing industry pass them by. (Wow, I really starting to sound like Grumpy Old Bookman, don't I? I'm so proud of myself!)


On a different track, Frank explains just how hard the book reviewing racket is these days. Hey, Frank, I'll be needing a job soon; I'll be your "Guy Friday"!

1 comment:

Frank said...

Gaw 'head, blast that trumpet! *LOL*