Wednesday, August 30, 2006

London Bridge

The Black-Eyed Peas' (well, this time, really just Fergie's) new song "London Bridge" is one of those annoying songs that really sucks but grows on you like a fungus until you actually kinda, but not really, enjoy listening to it in the car. The lyrics make no sense, but that's not surprising or unusual, especially for pop songs. I really can't quite make out, though, what the central metaphor that provides the song's title means. The line goes, "Every single time you come around/My London, London Bridge wanna go down/My Lon-dee, Lon-dee, Lond-eeeeeee..." I'm fairly sure it roughly translates as "You're hot, so 'me love you long time!'" (Which, yes, is indeed another nonsensical, mind-bogglingly stupid-ass line Fergie utters in this song.) But what does "London Bridge" actually signify? Is it really her vagina, as I horrifyingly suspect? Or is it something else? Any opinions or insights would be appreciated.

And speaking of Fergie, I will always have a place in my heart for someone I watched on Kids, Inc. as a child, but, I have to say this: Bitch, step away from the Botox, tanning salon, and whatever inept stylist dresses you! You look like a fifty year-old with bad plastic surgery. And you were so cute in your pre-Peas/Wild Orchids days! As it is, everyone thinks Josh Duhamel has a tranny fetish or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not heard this. But I can verify that London Bridge is just as leaky as Fergie.

And I cannot forgive her for Josh Duhamel. (Who is in the upcoming Transformers movie - can't wait!)

Frank said...

You're not really missing much not hearing the song, Gunn. And she's never going to live down the pee incidents, is she?

Can't say I've ever been much impressed with Josh Duhamel. He doesn't do anything for me.