Sunday, July 02, 2006

World Cup

Being neither a sports fan nor a "furner", it always surprises me a bit that I get into the World Cup. But isn't really a surprise, since I watch more for the hot guys than anything else. Love the teams with white shorts, because you can see their underwear when they bend over. Love when they take their shirts off at the end, though its frustrating because the camera always seems to cut to another view just when things are getting interesting.

I must say, though, that I've been somewhat disappointed with the low level of hotness. Italy and Portugal are really the only "sides" that I've found attractive, the latter mostly because of
this Adonis. England and Germany have a bit of a beefy rough trade thing going on, and some generic "boys next door," but nothing spectactular. (I applaud and admire Beckham for his sense of style, but don't actually find him all that attractive.) Very disappointed in Brazil's total lack of hotness; I mean, Brazil is the Land of Hot Mens, but not on the soccer team, apparently. Also, lots of tragic hair going on. Soccer players just don't have good hair sense, apparently.

Still, ogling aside, some games do get my adrenaline pumping. I can't really explain, though, why some games grip me and some bore me to tears, just that they do. I'm just not familiar with soccer, probably.

Going into the semi-finals, I'm torn between Italy and Germany, who play each other on Tuesday. Do I go for the hotties or the home team? Decisions, decisions... I'm definitely rooting for whoever wins between those two, though. I rooted for France against Brazil because Brazil always win and it's nice to see the behemoths go down sometimes, but no way am I supporting those damn Frenchies beyond that. And I have no real connection to Portugal, so it's Italy or Germany all the way! Olaaaaaaaay, olay, olay, olaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Bigg said...

tragic hair.
I bow to your supernaturally accurate assessment of that poor unfortunate lad.

Frank said...

You may rise, Bigg. *LOL*