Sunday, July 09, 2006

World Cup Final

Well, later today, Italy takes on France in the World Cup Final. I know I said that I was ambivalent as to who won between Italy and Germany because I liked both, but it turned out that I was more pro-German than I had thought. I just felt so bad for the German fans, who had gotten so inspired by their team's unexpected run.

But Italy's still the hottest team, and I love their blue uniforms, so I'm not too upset. Plus, they're going up against the damn Frenchies (who also have a very pretty shade of blue for their uniforms, though just slightly less attractive than the Italian's, IMHO), so all I have to say is "Forza Azzurri!"

(P.S. I'm actually not going to see the game until the replay on ESPN Monday at 7:00 PM. I just don't see myself getting up early enough tomorrow to watch it live. I hope to not be spoiled, but I'm not terribly confident on that score.)

No comments: