Thursday, April 27, 2006

Darn! I Was Sure I Was The Golgi Body...

The ER
You're the Endoplasmic reticulum! The ER modifies proteins, makes macromolecules, and transfers substances throughout the cell. It has its own membrane, and translation of mRNA happens within it.

You tend to have two sides to you - sort of a jekyll and Hyde kind of story. One side of you tends to be rough and tumble, but also very useful. Your other side is less well-defined and slightly more mysterious.

My test tracked 3 variables. How you compared to other people your age and gender:


free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 32% on Industriousness
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 70% on Centrality
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 5% on Causticity
Which Cell Organelle are you?
(Via Adventures in Ethics and Science, via Petrona, via Books, Inq.)

3 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Er -- now where did you get that quiz from, again? Don't see any attribution.

Frank said...

Ack! You're right, maxine. I'm usually so assiduous about that, too...

Maxine Clarke said...

Sorry, I realise now my comment probably sounds very snitty and silly -- sorry!! I just kind of fired it off, being an over-energetic old mitochondrion.
(Ever met any nuclei by the way?)

Thanks for being so nice about it!
All best
Maxine.