Monday, January 09, 2006

To Out A Fairybird

Okay, I really don't care about Jake Gyllenhaal. As I've said before, he just don't light my loins certainly not to the almost-obsessive levels of some of my fellow gay blogging brethren. As a result, I don't particularly care if he's another Hollywood closet case, nor do I usually much feel like engaging in "Well, he did X/wore Y/whatever Z, so he must be gay!" speculation.

However, this item of him walking his dog, a German shepherd named Atticus and a puggle named Boo Radley (the bolded names will be significant in a second) fairly forces me to arch a wry eyebrow. Why? Because the only dogs named Atticus and Boo I've ever heard of belong to Gentlemen Who Have Bite Marks In Their Pillows (TM Lee). Just something to consider...


(Via Towleroad)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RYN: Yeah. In the past I've just split the course after Einstein. But since we do MORE QM/particle than Relativity, that leaves the course unbalanced, and the Final exam very heavy with material. So this year I'm going to try it this way, and the exams can be less broad and more deep.

And since I take a historical approach to the topic, I think it's a pretty natural break to separate the 1930's quantum stuff from the more modern Standard Model physics. It's all fairly arbitrary, but this is actually the part of teaching I enjoy the most. Once the syllabus is done, I'd just as soon leave the teaching to someone else! :)