Saturday, December 17, 2005

Overheld Links

For some reason, I just never got around to sharing these links. They've just sat in my little "odds 'n ends" bookmarks folder doing nothing. Well, I'm in a cleaning out mood, so here they are for your browsing enjoyment.

My dream vacation: book hunting in the UK.

All about college.

Meet Buddy the Wonder Dog! Y'all know I can't resist a cute dog, especially a pug.

R U Hung?

Hate advertising? Not as much as this guy, I bet, and he's actually in it!

A quite aesthetically-pleasing science blog from the editors of Seed.

2 comments:

J. Otto Pohl said...

Frank, London has a great selection of book stores. You tend to get all the British and US titles in even the big chains. Whereas in the US you do not get the British titles. But, the price is about 30% more than in the US. I was amazed that the book I purchased at U of A this week was only $20.00. But, in the UK it is listed as 13 pounds which is about $26.00.

A good place to shop is the Waterstones across from the University of London Student Union (ULU). They have both remaindered and (barely) used academic books for cheap. In November I brought a used book there that looks new for 15 pounds that would have cost me $40.00 in the US.

Frank said...

Thanks for the tips, JOP. Hopefully, I'll be able to use them someday.