Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I'm Sure There's A Vampire Joke Somewhere In This...

It might not be totally suprising to you that I'm a huge Buffy/Angel fan. Thus, news that there might be some direct-to-DVD movies is a cause for cautious optimism here at Bourgeois Nerd.

PZ Myers of Pharyngula has mixed feelings. "Some stories should come to an end. I'd rather see Whedon move on to new ideas than endlessly mining old ones." I disagree, however. The Buffyverse (as the cool kids say) has all kinds of stories to tell, I think. Buffy herself is probably one of the most uninteresting things about it. Therefore, depending on what secondary characters they choose to focus on, new DVD movies would be awesome. More awesome would be an actual ending for Angel (I know they're fun in their own way, but I'm not the kind of person who enjoys cliffhangers), but I doubt that's ever gonna happen.

No comments: