Sunday, November 27, 2005

10,000!!!

Yesterday, Nov. 26, 2005, at precisely 11:56:42 pm, Bourgeois Nerd had its ten-thousandth visitor!!!

Isn't it all rather exciting? We're coming up on the first anniversary, too, so it's even more exciting. For a little rinky-dink blog like this to get so many visitors (some of whom, of course, are repeaters, but we'll just wave away that little technicality) is a nice achievement. I think so, anyway.

I'd almost like to give a prize to Visitor 10,000, but all I know is that they accessed the site from a computer in Cordova, Tennessee. (I'm also cheap and poor and what the hell would I give them?) Anyway, if you're reading Visitor 10,000, you have my thanks and congratulations!

2 comments:

J. Otto Pohl said...

Congratulations, Frank, how many of the 10,000 are from me? :-) I think that when I reach 10,000 vistors that 9,000 of the hits will be me looking at my own site. But, I have no way of knowing.

Frank said...

Thanks, JOP. As I said, I'm waving away the technicality that at least some of those views are repeat visitors.

Site Meter lets you block your own IP address from registering, so that you don't count yourself. But you're probably better off not getting a site meter. It's addictive; I'm constantly looking at it. It feeds my neuroses.