Thursday, October 20, 2005

Birthday Report

The first day of my twenty-third year on Earth was pleasant, if not exactly exciting. I had a nice London broil dinner made for me and a cake and cards and presents and all the birthday good stuff. Really, I don't feel any different. I can't believe I'm the age I am, because I certainly don't feel "adult" or anything, but I'm not freaking out or anything. All in all, I had a nice day.

As far as gifts go, here's the rundown:

The Incomparably Asexual Cindy (aka The Unsinkable Cindy Best; aka The Notorious C.A.B.) sent me a more-than-generous Amazon gift certificate. I was mighty shocked and very touched when I received the email announcement. I love you, Cindy!

My mother bought me a pair of pillows last week. Not a terribly "fun" gift, but I desperately needed some new and better pillows.

My grandmother took me out on Tuesday and bought me a really nice Perry Ellis suit. My sister will be providing matching shoes (when I get up the energy to go shoe shopping).

My sister's boyfriend got me a Barnes & Noble giftcard. And my uncle's dog (it's traditional in my family for the dogs to "buy" gifts) got me a special Uno deck with cute dogs on them. I don't actually play Uno, but, as we all know, I'm a sucker for cute pooches, so I love it.

Finally, this weekend, I get another dinner, this time at Red Lobster (we're sophisticated gourmands, you see). All in all, I think I made out okay.

Oh, and thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday in the comments of the "Happy Birthday To Me" post. They were much appreciated.

1 comment:

Frank said...

Thank you, Vince, for the birthday wishes! (If only they came true! *LOL*) No need to apologize about the belatedness. You'll remember next year, I'm sure!