Friday, September 16, 2005

Thanks, Mom!

So two nights ago my mother tells me, "I don't want to worry you, but I think you might have diabetes." She said that the disproportinate size of my stomach and my father's family's history of diabetes has her concerned.

Does the woman not know me? How can I NOT worry about it now? I might not be a hypochondriac, but I could probably play one on TV. Visions of test strips and diets and insulin shots dance through my head. I hate those B.B. King commercials!

I'm going to the doctor on Monday and see what's what. Hopefully, nothing is wrong.

2 comments:

Chris Conway said...

You have to take care of yourself. Seriously. I hope you're fine, and even if you are fine, let this be a wake up call to be proactive about putting your health first!

Frank said...

Thanks, C. I promise, I'll let you know what's up.