Friday, May 27, 2005

FDA [Frank & Drug Administration] Warning!

Don't take Benadryl! It will knock you the fuck out!

The spring pollen is giving me a little trouble (damn plants and their reproductive vectors!), causing some minor stuffiness. To counteract this, I took two Benadryls last night at around 9 o'clock. Within an hour or two, I was feeling a bit groggy, so I went to bed at 1:30 A.M. instead of the 5:00 A.M. I've been falling asleep at. I slept for two hours, woke up at 3:30, laid awake for two hours, went back to sleep, and didn't get up until 4:30 (which is actually a little earlier than usual for me of late). I've spent the rest of the day feeling woozy and a little groggy, and not in a nice way. And the Benadryl didn't even really help with the stuffiness that much! I will never take Benadryl again!

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That sounds exactly like my sleep schedule. I haven't been able to break free of my usual summer vampiric sleep schedule. I wake up anywhere from 2-4P.M. and go to bed anywhere from 5-8A.M. It's disgusting. Today (um, technically yesterday) I went to bed at 11A.M. and got up at 4P.M.

Thankfully, it's only 12:30A.M. right now and I'm already tired. My nieces birthday is tomorrow and I actually have to be up before noon. Yuck. :)

I haven't taken any Benadryl (because it doesn't work!), but I did take Busiprone for anxiety a couple of nights ago. I have never felt so nauseous in my life. It actually make me more anxious!

Worst pill ever.

Frank said...

I've actually never heard of Busiprone. I'm a Paxil guy.

Are you still going to Pam's party, Cindy?

CB said...

Never take Busiprone. The side effects were horrible. Paxil is nice, but I'm on Synthroid for the thyroid disease and I have to be careful what other drugs I take with it. Busiprone was supposed to be very mild. Whatever. Blah.

I won't be able to go to Pam's party, which really sucks. I have my nieces birthday tomorrow, and then my second cousins 1st birthday on Saturday.

Family. Blah. Whatever. lol

CB said...

Yeah, put a couple of apostrophes in that last post. Cousin's/niece's.

Just for your word-nerdy self. :)

Frank said...

You're choosing a first cousin over ME?!?!? But what shall I do there all by myself? It won't be any fun, Cindy! You've mad Frank a sad panda...

CB said...

Awe ... now I have the image of a Frank panada in my head.

I'd honestly rather ditch Emily Paige's first birthday. *sigh* If only I had a way to get out to Pam's...

I don't really know my cousins very well and I hate family functions. Besides, I'm really bummed to miss seeing all you guys again.

Take notes and fill me in on everything.